We’ve just launched some cool stuff at work. So anyone interested in individual hiking routes should check out the Outdoor-Routing-Planner – unfortunately, outdoor routing only works for Germany so far and you have to deal with a German UI, but if that is not stopping you, I highly recommend you check it out and have a go- good fun!
In order to not get lost, here are the key steps:
- Type in a German place name, e.g. „Berchtesgaden“
- Start your route by clicking in the map
- Extend your route by clicking in the map again and again…
- When you’re happy double-click to end your route
- Hit the save button (Speichern) to save your route.
- Now you can click on the GPX link to download a GPS Track
- Or you can click on the PDF link to download a PDF document, including a map of your route
In the last few days, I discovered a few neat new tools for planning my next trips.